Try this recipe, you will pleasantly surprise at how delicious this dish is. This recipe is absolutely fantastic.
Preparation Time :
Cooking Time :
Total Time :
- 8 black peppercorns, cracked
- 6 coriander roots, finely chopped
- 4.5cm (1 3/4 in) piece galangal, thinly sliced
- 625 ml (20 fl oz/ 2 1/2 cups) coconut milk
- 2 fresh green chillies, seeded and thinly sliced
- grated peel 1 kaffir lime
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1.35 kg ( 3 lb) chicken , cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
Using a pestle and mortar or small blender, pound or mix together peppercorns, coriander roots and galangal.
In a wok, briefly heat peppercorn mixture, stirring, then stir in chillies, coconut milk, lime peel and leaves.
Heat to just simmering point and add chicken portions. Adjust heat so liquid is barely moving, then cook gently for about 40 -45 minutes until chicken is very tender and liquid reduced.
Stir in fish sauce and lime juice. Scatter coriander leaves over chicken and serve.