Here, i have used sugar snap peas instead of using English peas which will save you a lot of time. This soup is very easy to make, very delightful to look at and delicious. It can also be served cold. Try it out. Servers 06.
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 55g (2oz/1/4 cup) butter
- 450g(1lb) sugar snap peas
- 1 litre(35fl oz/4 2/1 cups) vegetable stock
- 150ml (5 fl oz/ 2/3 cup)single(light ) cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shredded spring onion, to garnish
Chop spring onions. Heat butter in a large saucepan. Add chopped spring onion and peas and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, until beginning to soften.
Add potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes , until vegetables are tender. Puree soup in a blender or food processor. Press through a sieve and return to rinsed out pan.
Stir cream into soup. Add tarragon, season with salt and paper and reheat gently without boiling. Garnish with shredded spring onion and serve.