This recipe was handed down to me from my mama. She gave me this as a vegetarian recipe. its fantastic and yummy.
Preparation Time :
Cooking Time :
Total Time :
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 250 g (8 oz) mushrooms thickly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper (Capsicum),seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 fresh green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan, and gently fry the garlic until brown.
Discard the garlic. To the pan, add mushrooms, onion, carrot, celery, pepper( capsicum) and chill. fry gently for 5 minutes.
Add lime or lemon juice and coriander and season with salt pepper.
Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool completely, then transfer to a serving bowl.