Need to find a different mushroom recipe? Here is the answer. Mushroom Canapes. great recipe for mushroom lovers and vegetarians. Easy to cook and delicious!!!!
Preparation Time :
Cooking Time :
Total Time :
- 30 g (1 oz /6 teaspoons ) butter
- 125 g ( 4 oz) Mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 250 g(8 oz / 2 cups) grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices French bread, about 2 cm(3/4 in) thick
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- paprika for sprinkling
- spring of parsley, to garnish
Melt butter in a saucepan, add mushrooms and cook gently for 2 minutes. Stir flour into pan.
Add cheese, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well and heat through gently for 2 minutes until mixture begins to melt. Remove from heat and season to taste with pepper.
Toast slices of French bread on one side only. Spread cheese and mushroom mixture onto untoasted sides.
Cook under a preheated hot grill for 3-4 minutes, or until melted and bubbling. Cut slices in half and sprinkle liberally with chopped parsley and paprika.
Serve hot, garnished with parsley.